Using Online Business Magazines to Build Credibility and Traffic
Developing online business magazines are a great way to enhance your website, make it interactive
and build traffic.
It does not have to be about business - your e-magazine or newsletter can be on any subject relevant to your website.
Deliver high quality content on all your communications including your magazine.
Write for your reader not you or what you have to sell
Provide links back to your website
Some ideas about what to include
to add your own ideas.
- Review a product, book or new service
- Articles - write high quality articles about subjects you are knowledeable and passionate about
- Word of wisdom / thought for the day
- Ask opinion - for example, through a survey. This is a great way to get new ideas for your website or future editions.
- Invite your visitors to write an article
- Interview a well known expert in your field
- What's on - an events calendar about up-coming events in your niche. There may be monetisation opportunities hers as well.
How to Guide
1. Give your online business magazine a name
- catchy and relevant to your niche.
Decide how often
you will distribute it - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly?
2. Make a web page to tell your visitors
about your newslettr - it's features and benefits.
Include the frequency.
3. Give your visitors the option to sign up
using a simple form which captures their details.
Include your 'invitation' on all pages as well as a link to the information page about the online business magazine itself.
4. Set up an auto responder to verify that person agrees
to receiving your newsletter - this is called a double opt in
and prevents spammers or malicious people giving false email addresses.
5. Once they have verified, add them
to your distribution list.
6. Send out
If you are using SBI, you can look at the special video on Day 8
on how to set this us.
SBI includes software to manage your email list, including handling the double opt-in.
A search on a search engine such as Google will reveal many more options.
Look for a package which handles your mailing list, including a double opt-in facility for newcomers to your mailing list.
An example of a package which comes recommended is www.aysoft.com - I have not used this.
What do you include in your Newsletters?
What do you include in YOUR newsletters?
Share what you know by telling us what you put in your newsletters to make them fun and interesting.